blogger statistics
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_Byc6i38VCzAnDH9X5J28S6_W_1R8WV4

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Changing Skin, Changing Lives

This is a phrase that is often used among/about Rodan + Fields because so many customers and consultants have seen changes in their skin and lives after beginning with Rodan + Fields.

It's not unusual for a customer who has noticed changes in their personal skincare concern to have also noticed a little more self confidence and comfort when talking to others face to face.  They may no longer be as self conscious or concerned about those things they consistently notice and are positive others must also notice and be staring at!

It's also not unusual for consultants to find that beginning their own Rodan + Fields business has provided them with an opportunity to give to causes they hold dear. This month I'm taking advantage of that opportunity!  

My cousin-in-law (and business partner) and I are donating all of our June Rodan + Fields income to a family that she knows who has had a year full of love, blessings, and challenges.  

On June 29, 2014 a young family was blessed with the birth of their daughter Brooklyn.  She was born prematurely with gastroschisis and has spent her entire life in the hospital.  As the U.S. National Library of Medicine describes it, "Gastroschisis is a birth defect in which an infant's intestines are outside of the body because of a hole in the abdominal wall." 



As you can imagine, the surgeries and past twelve months in the hospital have brought many challenges to the family including financial ones.  I'm very thankful that the blessing Rodan + Fields has become in my life affords me the opportunity to help the family of this adorable little girl! 

You can find information about a special 1st birthday card shower, updates and pictures of this little cutie on the Facebook page Bridging Together for Brooklyn:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bridging-Together-for-Brooklyn/764688323595364?fref=ts

There is additional information on her GoFundMe site:  http://www.gofundme.com/Brooklyn-Morrison

If you'd like to read more about gastroschisis, you can find information here:  
 http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000992.htm




2 comments:

  1. That is such a sad story :( But it is also wonderful that you are donating proceeds to help! I was just wondering if you know anything about skincare while pregnant? I'm sure it was hormones, but when I was pregnant I had really terrible acne all over my neck, I mean hundreds of pimples! I never have acne when I'm not pregnant. So I guess I am just afraid that if/when I decide to have another that that will happen again. Just wondering if you know of any products that could help it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stephanie, it sounds like you would use UNBLEMISH to help with your breakouts - however - it is recommended that you share the list of ingredients with your doctor before starting any new skincare products while you are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete